Re: (Fwd) postfix+procmail (+ courier-imap) -> master.cf --> owne

2006-11-03 12:25:51
On 03 Nov 2006, at 11:28 , mail(_at_)e-schuett(_dot_)de wrote:
Am 3 Nov 2006 um 9:46 hat Google Kreme geschrieben:

On 03 Nov 2006, at 04:36 , mail(_at_)e-schuett(_dot_)de wrote:
mailbox_transport = procmail

What I use:
mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -t -a "$EXTENSION"
same as I do (now), but the goal is to use "mailbox_transport".

Why are you attached to using a transport instead of the
mailbox_command?

Then the master.cf :
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=mail argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user}
EXT=${extension} /etc/procmailrc

So every mail in your scenario has the owner "delivery", not the
owner of the mailbox-owner himself !
That´s wrong.

No, that is not the case at all.  I don't pretend to understand
exactly what that master.cf line does, but that IS the line.  BTW,
despite my earlier post, evidently the -o flag is dependent on the
version of postfix.  New ones don't need the flag.

http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#procmail

Now that I think about it, the master.cf entry is only for the
transfer, which I was trying to setup at one point for my mysql-based
users.  That didn't work, btw.

From Postfix ! If defined, Postfix use alias-tables to change
recipient-names (and more). I used this table to define
external users with their mailbox-names as internal(local)-users.
So everyone could use the external adress. If he is connecte to the
internal LAN, then postfix deliver this email directly &
automaticaly to the alias-user-id in the internal net (its easy to
handle with adress-books) not using external SMTP´s or whatever.

Er.. right.  But procmail only fires at the delivery point, (it's a
delivery agent), so it cares not one whit about aliases.

However, .forwards are something else entirely.

--
Hudd: 'I've just done this radio show where I never met any of the
other actors and I didn't understand what any of it was about'