Setting up Procmail on server with NIS

2006-11-25 15:10:58
Just about all the postings I have read on the configuration of procmail is
relative to an individual's account.

My situation is different.  I have a machine (Fedora Core 5) and most users
are known to the system through NIS.
However, procmail rejects mail to these users with "user unknown" in the
maillog.  If I add aliases for each user in
/etc/mail/aliases to point to the mailbox on the NIS server, everything is
fine.

So my question: what should I do in my sendmail.mc or global procmailrc
files to get procmail to see the NIS maps
which indicate that these users really do exist.

As an add-on: if I use a .forward which filters the messages through ELM's
filter (remember ELM), mail gets delivered
since the NIS map is then seen.

--
Wojciech Komornicki