Weird problem with one user

2006-11-28 07:18:18
I have a home network with a Linux (Suse) machine that acts as a mailserver.
It downloads mail from various accounts using fetchmail. The mTA is Postfix.
The machine has a number of user accounts, each of which checks mail, using a
procmail recipe, by piping it through SpamAssassin.

The thing is, this has all worked perfectly for some considerable time, and
continues to work perfectly for all accounts except one. Try as I might, I
can't see what's different about that account. It would seem that nothing is
getting piped through SA, so I assume that this is a procmail issue.

The user name is 'lomcovak'. In the following, you can assume that the setup
is identical for the other users (I've checked very carefully), and they're
all working:

In the home dir, I have a '.forward' file with permissions 0644 containing:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #lomcovak"

There's a '.procmailrc' file with permissions 0644 containing:

PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail.log
VERBOSE=yes
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.spam
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.killfile

The '.procmail' directory has permissions 0755 and contains the two files
'rc.spam' and 'rc.killfile' both with permissions 0644. The latter is
effectively empty (just contains a commented-out line) while 'rc.spam'
contains:

# SpamAssassin
# Pipe the mail through spamc
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamc

# SpamAssassin has given it a rating of 7 or above
:0
/dev/null

The thing is, emails arrive okay in lomcovak's mailbox (ie,
in /var/spool/mail) but they show no sign (in the headers) of having been
seen by SpamAssassin. Nothing gets logged to .procmail/procmail.log. spamc
and procmail are in lomcovak's path.

Any ideas what else I should try or where else I should look? All help
appreciated.

--
@+