Re: Maildir files getting mangled

2007-01-10 17:55:29
On Tue, January 9, 2007 1:10 pm, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Put something like

  MAILDIR = "$HOME/Maildir"  #  adjust, and make sure it exists

  :0c  #  maildir-type delivery, so no no locking
  raw/

Ok, I did this and just got my first mangled email in my Inbox. The copy
in the raw/ folder was fine however. This is how it happened:

1. Received email A. It was spam, I moved it to my Spam folder from my
Inbox (left the one in raw/).

2. Received email B. This got mangled in my Inbox but not in raw. It looks
like email A got written above the real email B.

I've put copies of the emails at
http://home.whatsbeef.net:1339/~filip/emailproblem/

1168471834.P21836Q0M354604.agrajag:2, is email A, the spam
1168473232.25428_2.compaq:2,S is the mangled one

Something I didn't explain fully in my first email - I have two machines
doing this mail stuff. "compaq", which runs exim + procmail, which has
mounted nfs Maildirs from computer "agrajag" which it writes the mail
files to. "agrajag" runs dovecot for imap (used to run courier-imap,
problem existed then too).