Re: How to make procmail create the spool dir in Maildir format?

2007-01-31 13:20:15
Hi Ruud,

Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:
Oliver Schulze L. schreef:

My delivery setup (all mail in Maildir format) :
user inbox: /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$USER
user personal folders: /home/$USER/Maildir

My config:
/etc/procmailrc
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/Maildir

Are you sure?

I would think:

   DROPPRIVS=yes
   MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME

This won't work because procmail does a
cd /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME
and /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME does not exists
in the first email of the account

DEFAULT=$LOGNAME/

Better spell that out:

  DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/$LOGNAME/

(or when MAILDIR already ends in $LOGNAME, back to this again:
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/)

or even

  DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME/

This one will work, I just separate in two variables:
1. first do a cd /var/spool/mail/Maildir/
2. then create in the directory $LOGNAME

Also, /var/spool/mail/Maildir/ is with mode 777,
so I think no need to do a
DROPPRIVS=yes

The trick comes here, if a user uses ~/.procmailrc, he must put
at the begining of his .procmailrc these lines:
MAILDIR=/home/$LOGNAME/Maildir

I guess you can make that:

   MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir

If I use this one, all folder are under the Inbox and that is not desired.

Thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver