Re: How to make procmail create the spool dir in Maildir format?

2007-01-31 14:40:14
Oliver Schulze L. schreef:
Ruud:
Oliver:

My delivery setup (all mail in Maildir format) :
user inbox: /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$USER
user personal folders: /home/$USER/Maildir

My config:
/etc/procmailrc
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/Maildir

Are you sure?

I would think:

   DROPPRIVS=yes
   MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME

This won't work because procmail does a
cd /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME
and /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME does not exists
in the first email of the account

Yes, $MAILDIR should exist, so just make sure it exists before using
MAILDIR.
Setting MAILDIR is the chdir-command of procmail.
If the chdir didn't succeed, $MAILDIR will be '.', so that is easy to
test:

    DROPPRIVS = yes

    MAILDIR   = /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME

    :0
    * MAILDIR ?? ^^[.]^^
    {
       # some code that creates the directory ...

       MAILDIR = /var/spool/mail/Maildir/$LOGNAME
    }

Also, /var/spool/mail/Maildir/ is with mode 777,
so I think no need to do a
DROPPRIVS=yes

Maybe DROPPRIVS is also about which user/group owns newly created
directories and files?

The trick comes here, if a user uses ~/.procmailrc, he must put
at the begining of his .procmailrc these lines:
MAILDIR=/home/$LOGNAME/Maildir

I guess you can make that:

   MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir

If I use this one, all folder are under the Inbox and that is not
desired.

I guessed that your "/home/$LOGNAME" is equal to "$HOME".

--
Groet, Ruud