Problems with spamassassin and procmail

2007-02-20 16:55:38
Hi

having just upgraded my server, I am having an interesting problem with
procmail/spamassassin.

Previously, I used to operate a global procmailrc file that sent stuff
off to spamc before delivering the mail to personal inboxes. As the
email arrived in the email boxes, individuals could them do more
procmail processing (eg based on the spam headers applied by spamassassin).

However, since upgrading, I cannot get this to happen - even if I move
all the procmail processing to personal .procmailrc files.

Here's an example .procmailrc file

    SHELL=/bin/sh
    PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
    LOGABSTRACT=all
    MAILDIR=$HOME/mail       #you'd better make sure it exists
    LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log   #recommended
    VERBOSE=off

    #Spamassassin start
    :0fw: spamassassin.lock
    | /usr/bin/spamc
    #Spamassassin end

    :0:
    * ^X-Spam_Flag: YES
    SPAM

Whilst the spamassassin processing occurs, the local processing to put
spam into the SPAM folder does not (which is what used to happen).

Can anyone help me with this as I can't see what is going wrong?

Tks

--
Robert Hart
hartr(_at_)interweft(_dot_)com(_dot_)au