Re: Disappearing Emails

2007-03-12 15:02:20
Stewart Dean schreef:

Of course, when you look for the missing mail in /dev/null, you should
understand that an infinite compression algorithm has been applied to
them...and they are now infinitely small, approaching 0.  Since bytes
are reckoned in integers, the files in /dev/null are rounded off to 0
length..........

This list is a technical mailing list. Next time, don't answer above the
text that you quote, and trim all text that is no longer necessary,
especially footers like signatures.

You are not replying to my reply, but to the original message. Next
time, do that by actually replying to the message that you reply on.

Just like Alan, you appear to have missed the procmail problem of the
original poster, namely that procmail's *log* didn't mention the
disappearing messages. "Even with procmail logging enabled. No entry for
the missing email appears."
See LOGABSTRACT in `man procmailrc`.

--
Groet, Ruud