Re: LASTFOLDER blues

2007-03-26 10:32:09
On 3/26/07, Axel Thimm <Axel(_dot_)Thimm(_at_)atrpms(_dot_)net> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 10:25:11PM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:
in your conditional recipe.

   :0
   * conditions
   { DEFAULT = FolderX  SWITCHRC }

as your last of the conditional recipes in this block of multi-
deliveries.

Which means that I would have to know which my last delivery would be
and not deliver into that, but spare ot for $DEFAULT. That's quite
impossible.

No, that's not what either of us means.  After you're though with all
your other recipes, then if LASTFOLDER is set, assign DEFAULT to be a
folder on the same file system as LASTFOLDER and allow procmail to
fall off the end of your procmailrc.  If the deilvery to that folder
fails, procmail will bounce the message.  If the delivery to that
folder succeeds, all you have to do is throw it away at some later
time.

That wasn't precisely my original suggestion because I assumed you'd
rather that, instead of bouncing, the mail was successfully delivered
somewhere from which you could retrieve it yourself; but in neither
case were we suggesting that you always deliver to the original
default location.