Beginner - please help

2007-04-13 10:59:38
I have had some procmail rules set up for a little while, but I run into a
couple of issues which I need some help with.  I used a number of sources
when I first set up my rules and came to a working solution but there are a
couple of problems I still need to resolve.

I am running sendmail (8.13 I think) and spamassassin 3.1.x.  I am also
running vacation, which is where one major flaw is occurring which I believe
can be corrected with a proper procmail script.  My basic goal is this:

1)  Send all inbound email thru spamassassin
2)  Reject email completely over a specific threshhold (10)
3)  Dump the rest of the flagged spam to a corprorate spam account for
review

I'd like to be able to dump invalid hosts outright and fix my issue with
vacation.  I believe procmail can do this.  My problem with vacation is that
even though I have spam either rejected entirely or going to my corporate
account (never to the end user) the vacation message created by my user is
still sending out and is resulting in a lot of MAILER-DAEMON messages coming
back to the user (or other rejections).

My rules need to be for my corporate server, not per user account - so I am
making my changes to /etc/procmailrc

My current configuration looks like this - and it probably looks terrible so
no making fun of me.I am a newbie after all!:

#############Start#################

VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
DROPPRIVS=yes

:0fw
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamc -f -u mail

:0
/dev/null

:0c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| echo "`formail -x X-Spam-Status: | awk -F 'score=' '{print $2}' | cut
--delimiter=' ' -f1`" >> /var/log/spam

:0
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| formail -A "X-Loop: spam" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi
spamaccount(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com

Thanks so much!

- Skip