procmail 101

2007-04-09 15:30:53
Hi all,

I've been using procmail for years, so I'm quite a bit embarrassed to be
asking such a simple question. I have the following recipe:

##------------------------------------##
:0c:vt.lock
* ^From:(.*\<)?list(_at_)versiontracker\(_dot_)com
|gzip -fc >> $ARC/versiontracker.gz

         :aw:
         $INCOMING/versiontracker
##------------------------------------##

It is failing to get a match on e.mails that have a From: header [not
envelope From_] of:

  From: "VersionTracker"<list(_at_)versiontracker(_dot_)com>

The envelope From_, FWIW, is:

  From
24320xxbasicpalmosdailytext20070409(_at_)mailer(_dot_)versiontracker(_dot_)com

But with my above recipe, I'm trying to match on the From: header. The
entire recipe is failing - eg: no versiontracker.gz file gets created. I
used to have a very similar recipe work just fine
[^From:(_dot_)*list(_at_)versiontracker(_dot_)com], but it too is failing. What
bonehead
obvious thing am I missing? [oh, and yes, $ARC/$INCOMING are defined, and
gzip can be found - there are a few other recipes very similar to this
running fine above and below this one].

Thanks for any clue-by-fours that you can throw my way.

/vjl/

--
Vince J. LaMonica       Knowledge is knowing a street is one way.
vjl(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com  <*>  Wisdom is still looking in both directions.

       When there's nothing else to read: http://www.vjl.org/