Maildir Format Issues

2007-04-03 18:47:06
I've just switched from mbox to Maildir format. My procmail filters used
to just save directly to the appropriate inbox, easy peasy, but now I'm
faced with a bit of a headache.

/etc/procmailrc is:

DEFAULT=$HOME/mail/

/home/user/.procmailrc is:

:0 fw
* !^X-Loop
| formail -A "X-Loop: 1"

... so far so good, the new header is added and the mail is saved to the
user's default mailbox at /home/user/mail/new as expected.

However, when it comes to saving to individual named mailboxes I can't
seem to get it to work properly. With the same settings as above, the
mail is still saved to the main default mailbox but I want it saved to
the proper mailbox, not the catch-all. I tried adding this to the user's
local .procmailrc file:

DEFAULT=$HOME/mail/domain.com/jim/

... which produced the following result:

Unable to treat as directory "/home/user/mail/domain.com/jim"
Lock failure on "/home/user/mail/domain.com/jim.lock"
Error while writing to "/home/user/mail/domain.com/jim"

Any ideas?