Re: Maildir Format Issues

2007-04-04 00:19:18
On Apr 3, 2007, at 6:29 PM, Jim Rhodes wrote:

Sorry, you COMPLETELY failed to get my point

Sorry, here it is...

drwx--x--x user user /home/user/
drwxr-x--- user mail /home/user/mail/
drwx------ user user /home/user/mail/new/
drwxr-xr-x user user /home/user/mail/domain.com/
drwxr-x--- user user /home/user/mail/domain.com/jim/
drwx------ user user /home/user/mail/domain.com/jim/new/

Hmmm.

[ ponder / ] [ ponder / ]

I presuppose that there is a cur and tmp beside the 'new'...
So who is the user in question, 'jim' or 'user'?
Does 'user' get ALL the email for domain.com?
We're not dealing with virtual mailboxes, I trust...

Might wanna do something like this, just before the delivery attempt:

VERBOSE=ON
log="User is $USER"
VERBOSE=OFF

Or maybe just leave VERBOSE on, to try and get some more debugging
info...
Or you might already be doing that, dunno.
Or, it might be something still subtle being accidentally hidden by
the 'user' and 'domain.com' translation stuff, unless you really,
really DO have a user by the name of 'user'.

        <`man procmail | less`>

       Unable to treat as directory "x"
                              Either  the suffix on "x" would
indicate that it