Re: procmail 101

2007-05-23 13:42:54
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

} At 22:46 2007-04-11 -0700, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
}
} >See the URL in my sigline - I have a mailing list rcfile that generally
} >does a good job of setting a variable with the listname.
}
} Though of course, you'd have a better time finding it if the darned rcfile
} was _linked_ from a viewable document.  Apparently, I've only referred to
} it by direct URL in postings here, not written a page about it.
}
} http://www.professional.org/procmail/listname_id.rc
}
} It's short, and entirely internal to procmail, so it's very low overhead.

A *much* belated, "Thanks!" for linking to that recipe. I'm in the process
of re-doing my 10+ year old .procmailrc [and the rc files it calls], and
it will come in handy. Looks like I will need to redo quite a bit of my
stuff, as I manually grab each list, and stick messages into two files [a
local one who's name sometimes differs from the actual list name, and a
gzip archive for that particular list]. But the results will be much
cleaner - one recipe for all lists....awesome! :)

Thanks again!

/vjl/

--
Vince J. LaMonica       Knowledge is knowing a street is one way.
vjl(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com  <*>  Wisdom is still looking in both directions.

      When there's nothing else to read: http://www.vjl.org/