procmail -detaching attachments from mail

2007-05-23 13:29:35
I want to detach the attachments coming in and perform a program on them
(for example an image manipulation program).
1.  How can I detach the attached picture from the body of the mail?
2.  Is the image simply passed in as an argument to the image manipulation
program?
3. I am planning to use the image processing library provided by devIL. Will
this suffice?

Thank you very much in advance,
Chirag