RE: autorespond recipe

2007-05-27 12:32:01
Bart Schaefer wrote Sunday, May 27, 2007 6:03 PM:

On 5/26/07, Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> wrote:

The below works on multipart/alternative, multipart/mixed, and
text/plain.  It won't work at present on text/html, though.

It doesn't work the same way on text/plain as on the others,
though, because it doesn't introduce a new MIME boundary
unless it already found one.

Yes, that was by design.

Also it's going to convert multipart/alternative into /mixed,
which is not necessarily a good thing; and it'll break
mutlipart/signed.  So, use with caution.

Yes.  It mainly was a proof-of-concept for me.  The thing
I like best about it is knowing we can prepend to the body
by using formail on the head!  We could adapt your algorithm
to that as well.  The attachment is cleaner, imho, and
that's what you've offered.

Personally, I would never send someone's entire message back
to him in an auto-reply message when there are attachments.
I think it's very wasteful.  But as a procmail-coded daemon operation,
it is a nice tool to have.

Dallman