Re: timestamp in the procmail log?

2007-06-01 13:38:53
On 1-Jun-2007, at 07:44, Mike wrote:
In my procmail log for each message I have a subject,
the number of lines for the message, and which folder
the message was placed. Is there a switch to turn on
a timestamp for each message/action?

Not exactly, but there are ways around it.  For example, instead of
LOGABSTRACT, I use:

DATE=`date '+%d-%b-%Y'`
LONGDATE=`date "+%y-%b-%d %I:%M:%S %z"`
MYLOGFILE="pm-$DATE.log"
LOGABSTRACT=no

TRAP='formail -l "$LASTFOLDER" ;echo "    Spam: $SPAM
Deliverd: $LONGDATE
    MATCH: $MATCH
    ";'

when a message is delivered, the TRAP gets output to the logfile

This gives me: