Re: timestamp in the procmail log?

2007-06-02 16:56:22
On 2-Jun-2007, at 05:43, Dallman Ross wrote:
Another approach, that, so far as I know, David Tamkin was first to
post about circa seven or nine years ago, was to generate a file
daily, e.g., with cron.  I did that for a number of years as well.
The file had in it, e.g.,

   MYDATE = 02-Jun-2007

Now that is a good idea.  I like that.

However, I have no problem with calling date at this point.  If I do
(and I might, I just moved my virtual users over to having access to
procmail, and that will create issues, I am sure) then I will make a /
var/DATE file that procmailrc.common and procmailrc can include
giving a few date/time formats.

--
There is something to be said for grace and respect but humour always
helps - Toby Morris