Re: Buggy recipe (simple)

2007-07-20 13:59:53
At 20:13 2007-07-20 +0100, Stephen Allen wrote:

I enabled verbose logging and waited for it to happen again, and sure
enough it did!

Well, the point of a sandbox is, if you have the original message that was
misfiled, you can just pipe it back into your script (running in such a way
that it won't forward, and won't deliver to the usual mailbox).  Likewise,
you could simply create a COPY of everything ABOVE your recipe (to a test
mailbox), and then if something goes wrong, you could pull those messages
from that saved copy and run them in your sandbox setup, identify what is
hosed, fix it, and then (presumably) pump those messages back into the
system for delivery, and have them handled properly.

Below is a part of the recipe with corresponding log
extract.  The last line of the log shows "Match on ! "...".  I don't
understand this because the word "test" is definitely in $RCPT_WHITELIST
(which is only 10 lines long).

Any whitespace in there on the line?

invoke the grep operation at a shell prompt WITHOUT the -x, and pipe into a
tr (translate) invocation:

grep -i -F test whitelist_ryb | tr [:blank:] "#"

Then, every horizontal whitespace would be illuminated for you.