from and subject encodings

2007-07-21 04:25:32
Hello,

Sometimes I receive emails with 8bit characters in the from or subject lines.
I would like to recode them in the  following way:
if the subject is a valid utf8 string,
then recode it to make a valid (7bit) subject and save the original
to X-Orig-Subject
if the subject is not us-ascii (valid 8bit),
then consider it as latin2 encoded and do the same.
otherwise leave it unmodified.

Is there a standard solution for this? Or shall I make a python (that one I
know) script for myself?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
A.

2800 állásból Te is találsz megfelelőt! Mérnöki, értékesítői, asszisztensi,
pénzügyi és IT állások a Jobline.hu-n!
www.jobline.hu
http://ad.adverticum.net/b/cl,1,6022,186603,243027/click.prm