Re: procmail recipe on cpanel host - Part 2

2007-08-06 09:15:50

Here are some more details about my problems with procmail under cpanel:

I am invoking procmail via an "email filter" in cpanel. That email
filter invokes procmail if the cpanel email filter already matched
"testtest2" as a subject.

I tried invoking procmail from the "forwarder". When I sent the test
message, TWO copies of the message were delivered to
george(_at_)cordahi(_dot_)net
<mailto:george(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net> and one forwarded to
user(_at_)xyz(_dot_)net
<mailto:receiver(_at_)xyz(_dot_)net>. The same error message is sent back to
sender(_at_)abc(_dot_)net <mailto:sender(_at_)xyz(_dot_)net> as when procmail
was invoked  by
cpanel's email filter.

I also sent a test message with a non-matching subject line to
george(_at_)cordahi(_dot_)net <mailto:george(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net> while the
forwarder was
in place. It didn't match (of course). The message was delivered but an
error message was sent back to sender(_at_)abc(_dot_)net
<mailto:sender(_at_)xyz(_dot_)net>
with the following.

pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail
generated by george(_at_)cordahi(_dot_)net
<mailto:george(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net>
local delivery failed

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/usr/bin/procmail
generated by george(_at_)cordahi(_dot_)net
<mailto:george(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net> ------

procmail: Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/gcordahi"

This is what the log file looked like:
procmail: [19115] Sat Aug 4 23:24:56 2007
procmail: No match on "^Subject:.*testtest2.*"
procmail: Notified comsat: "gcordahi@:**Bounced**"