Debian, procmail and maildir

2007-08-31 15:27:06
Hi,
I'm running a small mailserver using Postfix on a Debian Etch machine.
For various reasons I decided to switch from the default mailbox format
to maildir, and I did it by adding the relevant configuration parameters
in Postfix's main.cf and removing the following line in that same file,
which Debian has by default:

But this leaves me without procmail, which I now need to use.

So, how can I "re-add" procmail in my server's mail delivery process,
while keeping the current maildir format?
Shall I add a global /etc/procmailrc file which moves mails inside
users' Maildirs? I'm not sure it's a good idea, based on what I read on
http://wiki.dovecot.org/QuestionsAndAnswers :

"You should stick to using $HOME/.procmailrc files for each user instead
of using a system-wide /etc/procmailrc file. Procmail seems to have some
intermittent delivery problems if you use the system-wide configuration
with Maildir style mailboxes."

Thanks for any clues.

--
Ciao,