RE: Trouble with procmail.

2007-09-28 09:44:22
Bart Schaefer wrote Friday, September 28, 2007 7:57 AM:

On 9/27/07, Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> wrote:
Question: so can we use the i-flag instead of w or W if we
don't want to see any logs about [errors] but still want to
code around them in procmail?

If I understand the question, then I think the answer is "no."  "i" is
for errors on the procmail end of the pipe, that is, failure to write
to it.  "w" and "W" are for errors on the other end of the pipe, as
indicated by the exit code of the reading process.  But they're
opposite in another way, too:  The "i" flag says to ignore
procmail-side errors, but "w" and "W" say to pay attention to the
other-side errors.

Good explanation (again).  Thanks, Bart.

Dallman