[Fwd: Re: Everything Matching SPAM Filter, makes no sense]

2007-10-16 17:27:50
Beware of chucky:

------------------------------ Original Message ------------------------------
Subject: Re: Everything Matching SPAM Filter, makes no sense
From:    "Chuck" <chuck(_dot_)carson(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Date:    Wed, October 17, 2007 02:10
To:      "Ruud H.G. van Tol" <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl>

On 10/16/07, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:

Chuck schreef:
According to the docs and the behavior, the trailing / is required,
other it assumed mbox format and places the message accordingly.

-CC

On 10/15/07, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:

Chuck schreef:

PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin

Why set the PATH?

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/

$MAILDIR should (normally) not end in a slash.

0:
* ^Subject:.*([Spam])
.SPAM/

You already know that the "([" and "])" can go. Also remove the
locking modifier, since you are using maildir type delivery.

# Catch all emails not matched by above rules
0
* > 0
./

Why this recipe? And why the condition?
(trust your $DEFAULT)

--
Groet, Ruud

You misread the procmail documentation. Reply on list, to get answers.

--
Groet, Ruud

Nah dude, the trailing slash is required, and is supported by observing the
behavior with and without the trailing slash in the config, via empircal
testing. I had received my 'answer' threefold before your off-topic 'troll'
response. But is was funny though... Reminded me of old school usenet and
the crusty news client tin.