Re: Centos 4 - kernel lock timeout

2007-10-21 00:41:20
I'm hoping this is an old/familiar problem. Not afraid to RTFM
if someone cares to point me to an archive or article. Thanks.

Centos 4 postfix using procmail as LDA.
I am attempting to have procmail write to an NFS mounted directory.
I'm setting 'DEFAULT' as the user's $HOME/.mail

It gets as far as 'Acquiring kernel-lock' then hangs.

Hi Charles,

   Catching up on the list for the first time in years.

   Are you running the default procmail that comes with CentOS, or
   did you build your own?

   If the latter, you might want to try building from source.  The
   build script will ask you which directory you will be locking to
   and will run a bunch of tests to determine if it should use
   fcntl(), lockf(), and flock() calls.

   Take a look at the INSTALL file in the distribution under section
   two.   The file is also online at

      http://www.procmail.org/procmail-3.22/INSTALL

   Hope that helps and it's not too late.

Chris