Re: Centos 4 - kernel lock timeout

2007-10-22 07:09:31
On Sun, 21 Oct 2007, Christopher Lindsey wrote:
Centos 4 postfix using procmail as LDA.
I am attempting to have procmail write to an NFS mounted directory.
I'm setting 'DEFAULT' as the user's $HOME/.mail
It gets as far as 'Acquiring kernel-lock' then hangs.

   Are you running the default procmail that comes with CentOS, or
   did you build your own?

I'm trying to do *everything* 'default' so that I can rely on the
automatic software updates via yum. So I really don't want to be compiling
anything from source, or otherwise doing 'custom' things that won't track
with the updates. The issue is specific to NFS between CentOS and an old
Solaris box which I will soon be phasing out anyway. So I am just going to
run the mount in the other direction, and keep user mailboxes on the
CentOS box. Though if you happen to know a 'switch to flip' that will
bypass the problem, that would be nice. A config setting to turn off
kernal locking....? Doesn't sound like there is one, but thanks just the
same.

   Hope that helps and it's not too late.

It's not really 'too late', but sadly it doesn't suit the concept of
trying to keep everything 'out of the box' with minimal configuration.
Thanks again.

- Charles