Re: Why is this not getting the userid

2007-12-01 17:43:02
Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 15:21 2007-11-30 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

:0hb:

As Bart pointed out, no lockfile should be necessary for a delivery to a
pipe.
As what I had, I picked up from numerous sources, so thanks for the pointer.
  If, OTOH, you need to ensure the program is invoked only one
instance at a time, you're probably better off wrapping it in a script that
employs locking.

No, faxmail can be multiply (is that the way to say it) involked.  It
drops some files into hylafax/s queue.
Also, the combination of hb would be the DEFAULT (see 'man procmailrc'), so
no need to specify it.

Thanks.

* ^(To|Cc|Bcc).\/(*(_at_)fax(_dot_)debug(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com)

Again, bart has pointed out some issues with this, missing dot and the fact
that Bcc will not generally exist.  I'd also point out that you should
probably include the header-terminating colon, and exclude any leading
spaces, etc.

oh.  I picked this up (the ^(To|Cc|Bcc) portion) from some helpme doc.

Given that I will not see a Bcc, and the challenges or spaces, is ^TO_ a
better way?

And what if the sender did something like "fax to ext 222"
<222(_at_)fax(_dot_)debug(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com>

How do I get just the part between < and @?  Perhaps the recipes you
mention further down.
Since the fax "extension" identifier you're using resides in its own
subdomain, why not set your MTA to deliver all messages for such extensions
through a script directly (rather than invoking the LDA, and involving the
global procmailrc).  Check out the value of $1 within the procmailrc
sometime...

Well, then I will have to head over to help with sendmail :)  And since
I manage my sendmail config via webmin, that will probably be the place
to ask first.  And said script will be a standard shell script I take
it, so I will have to figure that stuff out.  I really have not written
a shell script for over 10 years...

So I will also have to figure out how to log variables from procmail
recipes to see what is the value of $1.  More study time :)'
Alternatley, you might want to check my sandbox (see sig) for some address
parsing code.

Heading that way.  I am also going to want to pick up the Subject and
feed that in.