Re: Lock failure

2007-12-03 02:57:22

Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 22:13 2007-12-02 +0200, Tolga wrote:

Sorry, below is all of my recipe:

Have you edited it since your previous posting?  There are no filter flags...

Just the SPAM one

DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME

Why are you fiddling with DEFAULT?

Isn't it necessary?

MAILDIR = /var/mail/folders/$LOGNAME

Really?  Within /var/mail ?

Yes.

* ^From:.*gokce*

why the trailing asterisk?  Is the e _optional_?  If it were, you'd get the
same match from gokc

It doesn't happen when mails go into folders.

/var/mail  has what ownership and perms?

tolga(_at_)ozses ~ $ ls /var/mail/ -ld
drwxrwsr-x 3 root mail 872 Ara  3 09:26 /var/mail/
/var/mail/folders  has what ownership and perms?  I'm guessing, it's set to
the user your procmailrc is for.  If so, then that user can manipulate
files WITHIN that directory pretty much at will -- but the same doesn't
hold true for files within /var/mail/

tolga(_at_)ozses ~ $ ls /var/mail/folders/ -ld
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 168 Tem  9 12:10 /var/mail/folders/

Regards,

Stay with *nix :)