Re: lock file to write cache with formail is not working

2008-01-29 14:45:57
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 13:34:10 PM -0800, Professional Software
Engineering wrote:

grep can search binarily.  The comments in the code of mine which you're
using actually indicate that grep is compatible with the files.

Thanks for this second explanation. About this:

I would also suggest that if your 'more' is gobbling up characters
in the paginated output (say, the character immediatley following a
null), then I'd consider it BROKEN, though perhaps it is your
terminal configuration.

I had already thought, from other symptoms totally unrelated with this
problem, that there must be something weird in the terminal
configuration. I'll investigate that as soon as I'm sure that email
works fine.

Again, I take this message as another confirmation that my second
recipe, which must only add to ignore.cache the msgid of the current
email, is correct. Please let me know if this is not the case.

Thanks again, everybody, back to testing now.

Marco