regex code to strip something of an address

2008-02-26 12:06:48
Hi everybody,

i stuck at a problem I havent´t been able to solve last night.

With the line

----------------------------------
* FROMADDR ?? ^\/[^(_at_)]+
----------------------------------

I let Procmail strip everything after the @-sign.

I know that with regex [^ABCD] I permit all letters between the [ ].

What can I do if I don´t want to strip everthing after the @-sign, but
for example ".COM" from TEST(_at_)EXAMPLE(_dot_)COM (would then be
TEST(_at_)EXAMPLE).

If I would choose [^.COM] I would permit every C, O, M, etc.

The regex-code:

--------------------
\b\S+(?=\.com\b)
--------------------

finds the beginning of everthing thats ends with ".com", but I haven´t
been able to use it with Procmail (but tried it with the OpenOffice
regex-search-function)

* FROMADDR ?? ^\/\b\S+(?=\.com\b)+

doesn´t work (log says that no filter matches)

My procmailrc (which works great) contains this:
* ^TO\/(_dot_)*(_at_)EXAMPLE\(_dot_)COM\>?
{
FROMADDR=$MATCH

* FROMADDR ?? ^\/[^(_at_)]+
{ TO_USER=$MATCH }