message size into subject?

2008-02-28 05:52:53
Hello,

I use a mail reader that when browsing the messages in a folder doesn't
show the size of the message, only the From and Subject lines.  When I
read news (forwarded to my mailbox, these goes into a separate folder),
sometimes I only want to read short news, sometimes longer ones
(essays), and I would like to be able to tell the size of the message
before I open it (if I open it my MUA thinks I read it, so if I see that
it is too long and want to move on, I have to make the article unread,
etc).

So my question: is it possible to put a size indicator into the subject
of the message?  I would like to put a "." for every 10 KiB, like:

"Subject: Foo bar baz"

Becomes

"Subject: ....Foo bar baz" if it is more than 40 KiB (and under 50).

Any hints would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Richard