Re: message size into subject?

2008-03-02 05:24:17
On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 08:52:23PM -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Dallman,

Actually, I'm quite sure that I *did* write the inferior code and
post it to this list at one time, and that my name very likely
does belong on it, but that was long ago and I've since learned
much better.  Since size conditions predate scoring, it's not as
if that were the best way available at the time.

Ah.  Okay, and I can only add that your (long) since having learned
much better predates my own learning process, or at least it was all
too easy for me to forget what I had seen in the past.  Thank you
for pointing out what meanwhile certainly has become the canonical
way to find the size.  I still feel silly for not having remembered
it on my own.

I found the alternatives with negative values for scoring fascinating
in their own right, as well.  Thanks again, David.

Dallman