Re: message size into subject?

2008-03-02 05:44:54
On 2-3-2008 7:21, Dallman Ross wrote:
[snip]
  Thank you
for pointing out what meanwhile certainly has become the canonical
way to find the size.  I still feel silly for not having remembered
it on my own.

I found the alternatives with negative values for scoring fascinating
in their own right, as well.  Thanks again, David.

Actually, what I find somewhat aggravating is that all these things that
procmail "knows" (or are trivial to determine) after it has read the
message aren't available to the script as variables. Header size, body
size (as byte, word, line counts), addresses, domains, etc. are all
things that are (can be) parsed as procmail traverses the message. Why
should I have to invoke formail to get addresses or scoring to get byte
counts? This kind of stuff should just "be there" in variables for my use.

Rich