Re: procmail as LDA with different rcfiles

2008-05-25 09:31:43
On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 3:14 AM, Alexey Vlasov <renton(_at_)renton(_dot_)name>
wrote:

I have already read three-day MAN and can not understand how to
properly set rcfile.

What do you mean by "several different copies of sendmail"?  They're
listening on different ports?  The same port on different virtual IPs?

I ask because it's possible that you don't need to do anything special
at all, and what you should be doing is placing recipes in
$HOME/.procmailrc for various different users, rather than trying to
have multiple /etc/procmailrc files.

In any case you cannot combine the "-a $h -d $u" options with naming
an rc file on the command line.  If you want to run procmail in
"deliver to user" mode (-d $u) then the only way to change the
location of /etc/procmailrc is either to use a chroot'd /etc or to
recompile the procmail binary for each such file.