Re: regarding OR's on multiple lines

2008-06-16 12:13:32
N.J. Mann wrote:
> Which won't work as you intend.  I suggest you look at the
> example again a little more carefully.

  Are you suggesting I need to block-quote the OR part, like:

:0
* H ?? ! ^TO_tld\(_dot_)procmail(_at_)stimulacra\(_dot_)com
* H ?? ! ^From:.*stimulacra\.com
{
  :0:
  * H ?? ^Subject:.*(phrase1|phrase2|phrase3)|\
  * H ?? ^Subject:.*(phrase4|phrase5|phrase6)|\
  * H ?? ^Subject:.*(phrase7|phrase8|phrase9)
  /mail/has_catch_phrase
}

??

Personally, I would have used one combined regexp or, if your real
application is much longer than you example above, scoring.  Another

  The real phrases are much longer.

  Quite frankly, the scoring thing flabbergasts me.  I don't
know why but I cannot seem to wrap my brain around it, and
therefore ignore it.. (=  I've tried examining the man pages
but the switch in my head that toggles misunderstanding to
understanding seems to be fused.

PS It is also worth having a look at
   http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/ for a mine of
   information about using procmail, if you haven't already done so.

  I will look again.  Thanks for the reply!

--
$DEFAULT.sig