Re: regarding OR's on multiple lines

2008-06-16 12:55:40
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, TLD Procmail wrote:
 > Which won't work as you intend.  I suggest you look at the
 > example again a little more carefully.
   Are you suggesting I need to block-quote the OR part, like:

No, he's suggesting that you look and see how *your* code is significantly
different than the example. In particular, you added "* H ??"....

The use of "\" at the end of a line makes multiple lines appear as ONE to
procmail's syntax scanning. It has *nothing* to do with the "or"
operation. For example:

   * H ?? ^Subject:.*(phrase1|phrase2|phrase3)

could be coded as:

   * H ?? ^Subject:.*(phras\
e1|ph\
ra\
se2|p\
hras\
e3)

And it would be re-assembled into the original line.
BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHITESPACE! DO NOT INDENT CONTINUATION LINES,
or the whitespace will be embedded in your regex.

And one last note, from the one who has experienced it:
Be careful not to let any whitespace slip in after the "\"
at the end of the line, or truly confusing errors will result. :)

- Charles