Re: From header format....

2008-06-24 10:18:12
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:51:30PM -0400, Charles Gregory wrote:

Lately I've seen some spam with *multiple* addresses on the
visible "From:" header of spam. Is this ever 'valid'? Or can I
safely filter out mail which lists more than one address on the
"From:" header?

My understanding is that it actually is nominally allowed per
the RFCs.  However, I don't recall ever having seen it in legit
mail.

Some things are technically allowed but nevertheless 99.99% likely
to be spam indicators.  Another example is the lack of whitespace
after a header name before the header field.  Make what you will of that
observation.

Dallman