Re: Mailing list handler

2008-08-17 04:20:46
[I accidently double-hit reply/send on my last email, so it replied and sent it unedited, sorry]

On 6-Aug-2008, at 11:28, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 14:01 2008-08-05 -0400, Jake Di Toro wrote:
I've had some recent changes to my mail handling and wanted to
streamline some more.  Dug through the archives for the mailing list
handlers and came up with this as the latest:

It should be noted that while there is a line comment near the top of the recipe that says "Sean wrote this", the entirety of that modified recipe wasn't written by me, and what was, has been considerably modified. My code is at:

I should have been clearer in my notes. I was referring to the two blocks immediately following the comment, thought that is, I see, not obvious to anyone but me.

The rest of it was written by the list in a sort of ad hoc effort, to the best of my recollection. You were probably part of that committee :)

There are differences in the order and content of the conditions in the recipe you linked to as versus my original.

I did rearrange your checks based on my own email. I figured it was best to grab 'proper' lists first, before parsing the Sender lines.

The fallback recipe presented in the message you linked to is also very different from my original, and without running it against a corpus, I couldn't say whether it is any more or less effective. The original merely removed -owner from the address found in the sender, while this other one uses List-Subscribe (which itself is part of the RFC-2919 spec, and if present, should mean that the FIRST recipe should have easily matched something).

Yeah, key word there is 'should' though. I have several lists (or at least I did) that have a list-subscribe header and not a list-id. I've not touched that part of the code in years though.

--
Ah we're lonely, we're romantic / and the cider's laced with acid /
        and the Holy Spirit's crying, Where's the beef? / And the moon