Re: Appending FROM: headers only to a local file

2008-09-16 10:07:47

On 15-Sep-2008, at 22:32, David W. Tamkin wrote:

LuKreme wrote:

:0
* condition1
* condition2
* condition3
 * ()\/From:.*
 { LOG = $MATCH }
}

Huh?  Why the extra level of braces?

Makes logical sense to me to have the conditions for something and then the action for those conditions in two logical blocks.

 It's cleaner to write and easier to read if you have this:

:0
* condition1
* condition2
* condition3
* ()\/From:.*
{ LOG = $MATCH }

See, I think that looks ugly and is harder to read; but yes, does the same thing.

For that matter, this would be better yet:

* ^\/From:.*

Honestly, I couldn't remember where the ^ anchor went :)

{ LOG = "$MATCH
" }

Why is putting quotes around the $MATCH better?

{ LOG = ${MATCH}$NL }

--
"Katrina, $4 gas, a trillion dollar war, rising unemployment,
     deregulated housing market, global warming...NO MORE!"