two-language legal-mumbo-jumbo disclaimer footer

2008-09-23 12:29:52
On 23-9-2008 11:55, Dallman Ross wrote:
Also, don't send us your long two-language legal-mumbo-jumbo
disclaimer footer, please.  This list gets archived in perpetuity.
All we want to see is properly formed text.

Dallman,

While I agree in principle, some of us don't have a choice about having this garbage appended to messages when we send them while we're working for our employer. Mine, for instance, blocks access to outside mail services so I couldn't even send from, e.g., gmail to get around the problem. No complaining to an IT dept. falls on anything other than deaf ears either. 'Tis a fact of corporate email life I'm afraid until such time as a strong legal precedence exists for the pointlessness of these disclaimers.

Rich