Re: two-language legal-mumbo-jumbo disclaimer footer

2008-09-25 17:57:57
On 23-Sep-2008, at 10:27, Richard Ball wrote:
On 23-9-2008 11:55, Dallman Ross wrote:
Also, don't send us your long two-language legal-mumbo-jumbo
disclaimer footer, please.  This list gets archived in perpetuity.
All we want to see is properly formed text.

Dallman,

While I agree in principle, some of us don't have a choice about having this garbage appended to messages when we send them while we're working for our employer.

Then don't send from work.

Mine, for instance, blocks access to outside mail services so I couldn't even send from, e.g., gmail to get around the problem. No complaining to an IT dept. falls on anything other than deaf ears either. 'Tis a fact of corporate email life I'm afraid until such time as a strong legal precedence exists for the pointlessness of these disclaimers.

When I receive messages with these stupidty attachments, I immediately save them to my public web folder and send the link to the sender and admin@<sender's host>

I don't do this on mailing list posts, as it is a time sink.

--
"Katrina, $4 gas, a trillion dollar war, rising unemployment,
     deregulated housing market, global warming...NO MORE!"