Re: Forcing permissions on mail files

2008-09-25 17:53:10
On 22-Sep-2008, at 21:01, Nigel Allen wrote:
Having wrestled with procmail for the last few weeks, and with much appreciated assistance of this group, I have come up with the following recipe:

SHELL=/bin/bash              MAILDIR=${HOME}/Maildir

Er, on one line?  And do you really need SHELL= ?

DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/
#LOGFLDR=${MAILDIR}/procmail.log

I know this is commented out, but this is a bad place for the logfile, especially if you use IMAP

Except for one thing. All the mail messages that get put into $FLDR/ have the permissions set to 600 and I need them to be 660. I have set g+s on the Maildir and the Maildir/cur folder but it appears that procmail ignores this.

What's your umask set to? you probably want

umask 022

--
"Katrina, $4 gas, a trillion dollar war, rising unemployment,
     deregulated housing market, global warming...NO MORE!"