Re: Formail /"mail" will not send mail out

2008-10-10 11:00:53
At 16:23 2008-10-10 +0200, Remien, Carsten wrote:
[snippity]

VERBOSE=9
No doubt, this doesn't mean what you think it does. Please check 'man procmailrc'
That was only for, to see a little bit more in the logfile.

Again, refer to 'man procmailrc'.  VERBOSE has two logical states - on and off.

What is your shell set to for this user account?
/bin/false
It (they) are all virtual accounts.

Herein lies your problem - if you don't SET a SHELL in the procmailrc file, then procmail is using the shell defined for the user - which will FAIL to function.

The script only works, when I delete the formail part in front.

Which relates to the SHELL issue. Procmail can invoke a single program (versis a pipeline, or anything else including SHELLMETAS) by itself - but if there are shell operators, it invokes your shell to process the command. In your case, /bin/false, which won't accomplish much...