Re: Dealing with current backscatter spam

2008-10-17 08:23:49
Am 2008-10-14 10:47:11, schrieb Scott Edwards:
Where is your mail hosted?

In Germany/Nürnberg.

You use gsm/dialup to download mail from a server
connected to the internet with a better connection?  Is procmail the
only
solution you're using?

Not more since today...

The only advantage is, that my Web-Host is on the  same  server  as  the
Cyrus IMAP, which mean, I can catch 1000 messages with a perl-script  by
downloading it into my webspace, taring it up and download it with SCP.

Otherwise I would not more be able to download the Mailfolders...

2200 legitim messages against 38.000 spams.

To day afternoon I have goten again over 30.000 unique backscatter.

You're threatening to DoS?  It's apparent you're frustrated, and that's
understandable, but it doesn't justify retaliation.

HOW do you want to stop such things?

While I am writing this here, I prepare my "commercial" servers to  stop
the DoS'ing servers...  I have 16 STM4 and 4 STM16 and many  E2/3  which
should be enough...

Today, my GSM provider has  desactivated  my  GSM  card...  No  internet
access anymore...  I have top pay an Invoice of over 3000 Euro.

What have you tried instead? Are you using a whitelist? What's the role of

Whitelisting what?

I have Friends, Customers and others in Russia, Corea, China...

I must kill the backscatter sendes One-by-One

this email address you're receiving so much backscatter to?  tbh, your
approach is very unprofessional.

The MAILER-DAEMON messages attaching always the original  message  after
the MTA reports and there are spamers using my E-Mail  to bomb over 2000
ISPs...  I get arround 30-100 messages from each targetet host back.

The spamers are targeting 90% in all cases russian domains where  those
crapy MTAs are siting which can not detect the forged From:.

My backscatter spamcount is now arround  98.000 ~ 1.5 GByte  of  traffic
since Friday 2008-10-10.

Today I have gotten the hammer from rr.com/earthlink.net with  over  800
backscatters.  If you find such things funny, please let me know.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)