Re: Dealing with current backscatter spam

2008-10-17 08:23:08
Am 2008-10-14 15:19:47, schrieb Neil:
If your receiving server is under your control, I would look into
putting up some restrictions, and maybe using dnsbls/rbls.

This does not work, since the backscatter senders are legitimate servers.

SpamAssassin can probably also help filter out the backscatter.

I get not more then 1.7 since it seems , spamassassin is confused  about
the MAILER-DAEMON message...

If I extract the spam from the backscatter, I  get  a  score  of  mostly
between 4.5 and 8.0.

Sending it back definitely isn't going to do anything (except maybe
get your domain/ips blacklisted).  Just as you are getting backscatter
for mail you don't send; the servers sending it to you are sending it
because a spammer is taking advantage of them too (though admittedly,
if they configured their servers better, you probably wouldn't get
backscatter from them).

Since the server in Nürnberg is NOT under my  control,  I  will  ask  my
Profider to reject any <MAILER-DAEMOM>, <postmaster> and <noreply>  from
russia, <earthlink.net> and <rr.com>

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)