variables and include files

2008-11-13 14:58:16
At the beginning of my /etc/procmailrc, I define a few variables
as such:

OR  = "9876543210^0"
AND = ""
IF  = $OR

:0
* ^Subject:\/.*
{ SUBJECT = $MATCH }

:0
* ^From:\/.*
{ FROMC = $MATCH }

:0
* ^From[^:]\/.*
{ FROM = $MATCH }

:0
* ^Return-Path:\/.*
{ RETPATH = $MATCH }

I use these in a number of the recipes in the file.  I also
have some include calls to other rc files to help keep the
main file uncluttered.

My first question is this:  Will includes also see these
variables as defined?  Or do I need to include this at the
beginning of each include?

I gut tells me all includes will see them but I wanted to make
sure before making appropriate changes to the includes.

My second question is:  If I put this stuff into an include
at the top of the /etc/procmailrc, will the main file then
see it?  I would assume yes if the answer to the previous
question is also yes.

--
$DEFAULT.sig