Re: variables and include files

2008-11-13 16:32:20
Alan Clifford wrote:
If you define a variable DUMMY="hello", you can write it later with LOG="${DUMMY}" to the log file. So you can test and see if the correct value is written to the log file.

  Alan, thanks for the reply.

  At the beginning of /etc/procmailrc, I define the LOG used by all
the recipes.  I guess the question is, how can I put that into an
included rc file without changing the global LOG?  Something like this
perhaps?

:0c
{
  LOG="${DUMMY}"
}

But since it doesn't have an action line, will it even do anything?
I'm afraid my knowledge of procmail recipe formating is enough to make
me dangerous. :)

--
$DEFAULT.sig