Re: Perl scripts not recognized as such?

2008-12-04 13:51:33
At 11:06 2008-12-04 -0700, Bill Oakley wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

The script is really pretty simple, I've included it below.  (This is
to get started; when I have it working I'll be adding "exit 0 if ..."
statements.)

Q: If it is so simple, how come you're not doing these checks within procmail itself, which would be less costly?

Here is what should be an equivalent all-procmail solution:

# Your match string is presumably case sensitive, based on your Perl code,
# so I specify the D flag here.
:0D:
* ^(From:.*(Jeremiah Builds|builds|Polly Prerel|prerel)|\
        Subject:.*\[Qt-interest\])
$HOME/Mail/billo2

# Note that explicitly delivering to default, if it is the last action of
# your rcfile, isn't really necessary.  If you were doing this prior to the
# end of the rcfile, it'd be different.
:0:
$DEFAULT

As to your perl problems:

        What version of perl?  Use 'perl -v'

        What is your shell set to (as procmail sees it)?

        Is mail processed on the SAME host that you shell to?

This is a not uncommon issue with large ISPs - your procmail script may be invoked by a host other than the one you shell into, and thus settings (and tool versions) are not consistent with where you shell.

        From your post, there's a syntax error at line 10 - which shows a
        closing PARENTHESIS, not brace.  Your posted code has a closing brace
        on line 10 though.  Do you have more than one copy of this script?

Out of habit, you should add -wT to the perl commandline. Doesn't have
        an effect in this particular case, but is a good practice.