Re: [pro] Re: Wierd error in my logs

2008-12-06 09:39:32
On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 08:23:46AM -0500, Charles Gregory wrote:

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008, Dallman Ross wrote:
It will match any of
   To:dman@
   To: dman@
   To: "dman@
   To: <dman@
   To: ("dman@
   To: "Dallman Ross" <dman@

Good, good, which is what I expected him to say. At which point I then
point out that this is virtually useless when more than one address is
specified on the To: header, as in his example. I just asked him his
intent because sometimes people discover weird things about procmail that
I don't know....

The way Kreemy was (mis-) using his regex, it does absolutely nothing
at all.  (I thought I said that, but maybe I expressed myself too
complicatedly.)  But you had also said, I believe, that it would
cut off a character as he was using it.  It will not.  It does nothing.

 % cat rc.test

   :0
   { LOG = "We matched on >$MATCH<
 " }

 HOST

 % TO='"Kreemy LeKreme" <kreemy(_at_)example(_dot_)com>'
 % echo "To: $TO" | procmail -m rc.test
 We matched on > "Kreemy LeKreme" <kreemy(_at_)example(_dot_)com><

Dallman