Re: Adding to the body of an email

2008-12-07 07:50:17
On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:13:24PM -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:

LuKreme wrote:

I'd like to add a single line footer to the message body of some
messages.

Here's how I'd do it:

 :0bwf
 * conditions
 | sed "$ a\\
foo.bar"

Interesting approach.

This might be easier to read but it would invoke a shell:

 :0bwf
 * conditions
 | cat - ; echo foo.bar

As long as you don't use the 'r' flag, procmail should automatically add
another blank line at the bottom.

That's how I do it.  I've been using this for lists I run
managed from procmail for a number of years:

   :0 fw b
   * conditions
   | cat; echo "${MYFOOTER}"

So I guess the '-' isn't actually needed for cat.

Now I'm trying to figure out if sed with no extra shell is
any better than cat/echo with.

Dallman